Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Meagan Graduates!

Yesterday was Meagan's high school graduation! I can remember when I first met her. Dave and I were teaching at the same school - Springhill Lake Elementary - and he had brought her to work that day. She came down to my Kindergarten classroom as was playing with the dolls in my housekeeping area. I think that may have been the first "real" interaction Dave and I had! Anyway, so much has happened in the 14 years since that day!! Some great, some not so great. She has had a difficult childhood to say the least. But yesterday she seemed genuinely happy despite the actions of her "mother" and maternal grandmother. I swear they go out of their way to hurt her! Anyway, we had a wonderful day with our family and enjoyed a fabulous dinner at Sakuras! It was really nice to have Dave's dad (Papa John) with us - it meant a lot to all of us that he drove a several hours from West Virginia to share this special day. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment